Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Post Marathon and PreUltra Training

So it has been a little over a week since we finished running Treherne, and we are now all trying to heal and start preparing for our first Ultra Marathon in October. It seems a little strange, for some reason I am not concerned about next month, I am not sure why I am not concerned, but I figure I will roll with it until the panic actually starts to settle in.

Because really the Ultra is in less than 4 weeks....... OK, the panic is now starting to come to the forefront. Since Treherne I have ran 2 WH3 runs (totalling about 6 miles) and a 14 km trail race at Birdshill Park for a total of under 15 miles. Now I did run all this with a nice bruise on my left foot and a knot in my right calf, and that is my excuse for not having any additional mileage, but I am thinking I need to ramp this up significantly so I can feel comfortable going into Vulture Bait.

Now Nicole is planning to run 'The Lemming Loop' Trail race on October 3rd (run as far as you can in 3, 6 or 12 hours, she is shooting for the 6 hours), and I am thinking I should do the same. This will give us a good idea of what Vulture Bait will be like, and this will also be good to have prior to starting our taper runs leading up to it.

It is going to be a fun next couple of weeks, and I am loving every minute of it. Now just to find the time to get all the running in that I want to do. Life is nothing if it not full of challenges.

On On,

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment