Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Looking for motivation....

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. - Hebrews 12:1

So I found this quote on the Fargo Marathon site tonight as I am trying to motivate myself to get out of bed early for the ability to get a run in. Looking ahead to this years challenges, and it is early so I am apprehensive to sign up for things in case of injuries but I don't want to wait too long for fear that I won't get in in time. This happened last year as I waited too long before I signed up for Regina's' Queen City Half Marathon and I was very torn up that I was too late to get in and they were full. So here it is January and I am looking forward to this upcoming year and I wonder what will be too much.

I only ask about too much because I did three half's last year in one month. I figure if I'm training for one, why not do them all. If I can do the distance once I should be able to keep it up. I had hoped that eventually the distance of 13 miles would be less daunting if I could do it over and over again, and so it is, less daunting. This year I look forward to the challenges of distance, weather, altitude, and I'm sure there will be others I will find along the way.

Distance: first marathon
Weather: first winter half marathon, in Canada
Altitude: first mountain area half marathon (not yet sure if I will have the time for this one, but here's to hoping)

I have decided that I will recognize that I am not a fast runner, although I have yet to find how far I can go. So this year will begin a new journey in running where I will learn new lessons along the way to finding new distances and challenges.

So I guess this is a "See you in the morning, along the road" answer to the question of "just how crazy are you feeling tonight?"

Keep thinking of what you would like to accomplish this year and let me know. Once you say it out loud it feels like more of a commitment, it keeps us accountable to ourselves and each other.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment