Monday, January 11, 2010

January 9th long run

I am having a faint recollection of a lesson (that I should have learned?)that is in the back of my mind, nagging at me......

Oh yes, there it is #52 Listening to your body! Oh well, I guess I will have to work on that one as I travel through today. Which I have to say is not as unpleasant as I thought it would be, just a bit tender in the knees. Yesterday I had a hard time as me knees and legs protested the length of our run later in the afternoon, but of course where helped out (for a short time) with a nice sit in the hot tub I missed out on last week.

After 3 weeks without doing any real distance work I feel that maybe I might have overdone the run yesterday. Note for next time I suppose. But now that it is out of the way I am looking forward to getting some work in this week so I am better prepared for next weeks long run.

I did run this with mukluks. As we are still trying to run with a minimalist view, and I really do not see us inside on a track for the length of time it will take to accomplish a long run. We all may turn crazy with that thought! I was pleasantly surprised that the mukluks were not as slippery as I thought they might be, and they are still very warm. I have run in -32 with them as well and with one pair of thermal socks they are toasty warm; I am a suck for cold and will almost always overdress.

See you next week.
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment