Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life and its' Lessons...

5 am this morning I left the house to meet my crazy -or just as crazy as me- running partner. It was cool and a little breezy, just nice enough to make sure we don't overheat; it has now been three weeks since we have been running with minimal footwear. As we are going along in the changeover we have been experiencing some new muscle building in our calves and feet. I was very unaware of how many muscles actually run through the top of your foot; now I am learning there are more than I would have guessed, and I think I can feel them all individually firing one at a time. Although they are sore in a way like you have just finished a satisfying workout.



Yesterday was the beginning of a new chapter for me and my running. I am beginning to set new goals and look forward. This time of year seems to do that for me as I find myself involved in the new fall schedule of my kids, husband, work, and of course running! Two years ago I began the journey of running (again), and here I am today glad I signed up for the running clinic. Things have changed as things always do with time and the latest chapter is here, with minimal shoes.



I have always found running to bring me life Lessons' as I go along. This mornings was an interesting one, (we can get to that later as I am still in denial), I have been pondering it all day. I enjoy all the introspective (sometime very spiritual), as well as the plain 'in your face' (glide is my friend! I must not leave home without it) lessons that have been brought to my attention through running.

We are learning how to run anew, and we are having a great time, we hope you enjoy our journey and would like to come along for the RUN.

Sunday mornings we meet at 7 am at a coffee shop (yet to be named this week). We will post possible distances (we may currently be looking at 9-11 miles) and a meeting place soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment